Your safety from check in to check out
We all want to stay safe and well and free from Covid19. To do this we have put some new procedures into place. Your cooperation and support is essential.
If you have any questions or concerns, please discuss them with us before your arrival.
What to expect
Before your arrival:
- We have prepared for your arrival by completing training provided by Turismo de Portugal. As part of that training, we are committed to the practices and procedures recommended by Turismo de Portugal under the Clean&Safe programme.
An internal protocol, specifically designed for Duas Quintas, guides our day to day practice.
Feel free to ask us more about this.
- We have reduced the number of rooms available to allow for a smaller number of people on site at any one time.
- Communal areas have been changed to make them safer for your use. If you need items such as board games, plates and cutlery, beach umbrellas etc we will continue to provide this on request.
- The area around the swimming pool has been adapted to facilitate social distancing.
- We will provide a basket breakfast (like we provide on Sunday) instead of the usual buffet breakfast. You can enjoy your breakfast outside your room, on one of the terraces or in the garden.
- General information about Duas Quintas and information about the region will be provided digitally.
- An isolation room is available in the event of an incidence or suspected incidence of Covid 19.
- Payment should be completed at the latest, 24 hours before arrival.
- Registration will, as far as practical, be completed before arrival.
- Hand sanitizing gel is provided at strategic points in Duas Quintas.
- Disposable masks, gloves and hand sanitizing gel are available for purchase at cost price.
- Check in is from 16.00 hr. If you wish to arrive earlier, please talk with us.
- Contactless check-in is available. Just let us know.
- Please use a mask on arrival, and until you reach your room.
- Please use the hand sanitizing gel on arrival
- If you have clothes that need washing after travel, we can provide information about local laundry and laundrette facilities. Only the studio at Duas Quintas has access to a washing machine.
During your stay:
- You are expected to comply with all the basic protective measures against Covid 19, as recommended by W.H.O. including frequent hand washing, respiratory etiquette, social distancing and the use of a mask in any enclosed space that is not your room.
- It is essential that you continue to social distance in all outdoor spaces, including the pool area, at the barbeque and on the terraces.
- A red/green cleaning and disinfection system is in place in communal seating areas.
Green=this seat has been cleaned and disinfected and is ready for use.
Red = this seat has been used.
Each room has its own sun bed covers and cushions for use outdoors. Please take them back to your room after use.
- Your room will be prepared before you arrive. For your safety and ours, daily housekeeping has been discontinued.
For stays of 4 days or more, we will agree a cleaning routine at the time of your arrival.
- Extra towels, bathroom items etc are all available on request. Please send a Whatsapp or SMS message to 00351 919729799.
- Immediately notify Mary or Les by telephone call or message, if you have any reason to suspect that you have symptoms of Covid 19.
At check out
- Check out is from 8.00-10-00 am.
- Please leave the keys in the door of your room so that they can be cleaned and disinfected for the next guest
- For public health tracking purposes, you will be asked to leave a contact number for the remainder of your stay in Portugal.
- We would appreciate any feedback on your stay, particularly our procedures for making Duas Quintas a Clean&Safe guesthouse.